jeudi 1 janvier 2015

How to style a poncho sweater + gloves for short fingers

forever 21 sweater poncho1

Forever21 sweater (free ship!), Hermes belt, Tory Burch tote , BP boots (runs small)

J.Brand Maria jeans - on sale + extra 40% off (mine are 2013 version, sz 24 hemmed) H&M hat



Wishing each of you a happy and healthy 2015! Thanks so much to those of you who took the time to share a bit about yourself back in my Nordstrom giveaway post (congrats to the winners!). I read every single entry and am amazed by the ambitious, accomplished, warm and interesting individuals who read this blog. So many of your comments made me smile or inspired me. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading and for supporting my creative outlet over the years.

how to style sweater poncho graphic

Middle + right: Halogen leopard heels (sold out, similar ), Prada tote , Lord & Taylor gloves



I'm starting off the new year with a few simple ways to style a poncho sweater. I love my share of tailored, fitted pieces, but sometimes there's nothing more chic than an oversized but well-draping garment. I spotted this sweater on my stylish friend Elle and didn't waste time to order. The shipping cost was well worth it to me (free shipping today for orders over $21!) if it meant not having to navigate through three floors of teenyboppers and overflowing racks in disarray.





As expected for a one-size-fits-all poncho, the sweater is long for someone 5 feet tall but the medium-weight knit drapes well and the design is very cozy. After playing around with the styling, I love the half-belted look which adds slight waist definition and can also shorten the length a bit. I looped the belt through the armholes, in between my back and the back of the sweater (note: not around the outer back of the sweater), and after buckling the belt I pulled a little excess length fold-over style above the belt. I also like the simple front-tucked look which keeps the leg line long while maintaining a slouchy, oversized silhouette in the back. Wearing dark bottoms with similar-colored shoes also gives off a minimalistic, lengthening look on the bottom to offset the more voluminous top half.

forever 21 sweater poncho2

I'm wearing this sweater in two slight variations here - one with low ankle booties and a hat for a more free-spirited pairing, and another just changing up the accessories to pointed pumps and a structured satchel for a slightly more dressy look.

forever 21 sweater poncho3

I also want to point out the lighter brown silk-lined leather gloves in the latter pairing which are a recent find from Lord & Taylor. This was the first pair of adult gloves I've tried on ever where there was minimal excess in the tips for my short fingers! I had gotten used to the excess "hollow fingertips" and thought I'd be doomed to those for a lifetime. From the palms side, these in a size 6 measure about 7cm for the middle finger and 6.5cm for the pointer finger.

forever 21 sweater poncho5 The fit of a size 6 in these silk-lined gloves was also very slim, and was an overall snug fit on my hands. I tried on Lord & Taylor's other glove styles, including the cashmere-lined ones, and they did not fit as short in the fingers as these silk-lined ones. I picked "British Tan" out of the 9 colors though might've gone for the darker "Saddle" had that been available in-store. Would highly recommend these with the extra 20% off coupon for fellow short and narrow-fingered ladies.

forever 21 sweater poncho4 Ann Taylor stripe tee (old), Sheinside c/o cape (review ), BP trolley ankle boots (runs small)









click to view Anime Buzze EnGliSh

click to confirm All Movies 2015 Arabic

click to continue Games Rental

click to continue New Film

click to continue Play Games Arabic

via Qlick here

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire