mercredi 18 mars 2015

Michael Kors Saffiano Sutton Satchel Review (20% off)

prada saffiano tote versus michael kors sutton satchel My Prada saffiano tote is still one of my all-time favorite bags, but with the creeping price points (the size I own is now just shy of $2,400) I'm always keeping an eye out for "looks for less." We've talked about the Tory Burch "Robinson" as an alternative before in the $400 - 600 range, but I recently came across the MICHAEL Michael Kors "Sutton" satchel (6+ colors) in person, and thought it was a pretty good dupe for even less!

michael kors bag sutton satchel navy

MK "Sutton" satchel in navy, J.Brand jeans, Target vest, LOFT utility blouse




The ones I'm showing in this post are on temporary "price match" markdown at Nordstrom right now (I'm not sure which retailer they are price matching - if you know, please comment!) making it a very fair value at $262. I'm personally not a fan of the large gold MK medallion circle, but once that comes off, I think the bag itself is easily a classic wardrobe staple.

michael kors bag sutton satchel tan

The Sutton satchel comes in three sizes that I know of - small/medium/large. I'm showing the medium in these photos and didn't see the other two sizes at my local store for comparison. I felt this one looked pretty balanced and proportionate on my frame, whether it was carried by hand, on the crook of my arm, or via the adjustable crossbody or shoulder strap. To fit a standard laptop though, my guess is going up to the next size might be necessary.

michael kors bag sutton satchel black



The saffiano material which I love in general felt durable and scratch resistant, and all of my favorite little features of the Prada double zip tote were carried over to the MK dupe.



michael kors bag inside

Sutton feature summary:

- scratch-resistant saffiano leather

- double zippers at the top of the bag which open into large sectionals, and small zip pocket on the inside

- detachable and adjustable shoulder strap

- magnetic small flap closure

- snap buttons on both sides to either keep the sides folded in or expanded

- attached keyring lanyard, which I enjoyed quite a bit as a chronic key-loser



All three colors shown above are classic, but what really captured my attention was their gorgeous pale blue + gold variation for spring. I ordered this online with the 20% off price matching and will do an updated review once it comes in!

YSL cassandre_tory burch york tote YSL Cassandre flap bag (4+ colors), Tory Burch York tote in small (9+ colors)



Here's two more bag styles I tried on over the past month (am guilty of defaulting to this exact outfit on several occasions...it's just too comfy : ). From the upper left, I've been swooning over all the gold hardware, chevron patterns, and tassel details on Saint Laurent bags. They have a few styles that I feel are very reminiscent of some Chanel classics like the flap bag and the wallet on chain, at quite a bit less than Chanel's current prices.



On the upper right is the Tory Burch "York" tote mentioned earlier this month, shown in the small size. It's a very basic design with a zippered center compartment, made entirely in the coated saffiano leather. I liked the simple lines and especially appreciated adjustable double shoulder straps - I've had so many totes fit well over bare shoulders in the summer, but are a struggle to wrestle on over thick winter layers! I already have my beloved blush pink Ann Taylor gallery tote, so was just trying this one for sizing review purposes.


Do any of you own the MK Sutton satchel? I'd love to hear any thoughts on how to care for it, and how it holds up over time!







» Join our Facebook Join Now

» Join our twitter Join Now

» Join our YouTube Join Now

» Join our Instagram Join Now

» Join our Tumblr Join Now

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire