jeudi 7 mai 2015

Spring petites work wear: blush + stripes from day to night

linen sweater stripe skirt flats
J.Crew Factory skirt (altered, extra 20% off with code EXTRA20), Kate Spade watch

I knew this linen sweater was a winner the moment I tried it on, and hope those of you who got it like it just as much! I reached for it every other day on my last trip and will be sharing more styling photos soon. As mentioned previously the sweater is sheer, so I wore a nude bra (do a camisole to be extra safe at work) underneath for an office-friendly pairing. A pair of pointy patent flats finished off this comfortable look - I absolutely love the sleek design of these flats (comes in 6 colors and starts in sz 4!), but remember they have minimal insole cushioning, so order half size up if you want to use inserts.
linen sweater stripe skirt denim
Steve Madden heels (9 colors!), H&M denim jacket (old, similar in petites

To shift this look for drinks or dinner after work, I'd simply add some strappy heels and an extra layer in case it gets chilly. Most people don't reach for pencil skirts outside of work, but I think it can look rather sultry and chic paired with more casual denim + going out shoes!

Here is the J.Crew Factory pencil skirt pre-alterations...
I thought the fit was very typical of petites skirts from their non-factory line. It felt similar to LOFT/AT petites sizing, and a little bigger than standard Banana Republic petites, for reference. The skirt sat low on my hips, and I personally prefer my pencil skirts to sit at my natural waistline.

I thought the cotton, fully-lined quality was very nice thus got professional alterations on this one. I had my tailor take in the waist and slim down the skirt through the hips, and then taper in the bottom leg opening a little more. Here's a few other adorable skirts from J.Crew factory currently on sale, starting in either 00 petite or 00 regular - remember to use EXTRA20 for another 20% off:


linen sweater stripe skirt
And oh, how charming is this mint home? We came across it during our walk in the Bahamas, and I couldn't resist snapping some quick pics in the driveway ; )
linen sweater stripe skirt flats1



» Join our Facebook Join Now
» Join our twitter Join Now
» Join our YouTube Join Now
» Join our Instagram Join Now
» Join our Tumblr Join Now

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire