lundi 9 février 2015

So i took a little break.

First of all an apology should be the first thing I type out. For so many years (5 - almost 6!) many of you have stuck by my blog and been very faithful and loyal readers, so for me to disappear for a month with no reason is not just rude, but worrying for many of you (thank you in advance for all the tweets and emails checking I am okay!)



Last year I had the craziest year of my life. I was in a different country every single month.. minimum. I remember coming back from 5 weeks backpacking and being so drained, but then popping on a plane 2 days later to Ibiza, and then to Barcelona.. only for a week later to then be off to Valencia. I literally lived outside of a suitcase. I never saw my friends, I worked myself to the bone, I drove myself a little crazy.



Everyone who looks at this blog and my life and how much I travel tells me how amazing it must be and how jealous they are and that I have the dream job. I am so thankful for absolutely everything I got to do last year.. believe me. I genuinely look at my life and cannot believe that at 22 I get to do what I do and actually LOVE my job. There was a time I hated my job, so for me to wake up everyday and love it is a blessing, and don't ever think I take that for granted.













I didn't go to university. I went straight into work and became a full time blogger at 19/20 and at first it was fairly simple until it became busy and there was no one else to help me. I am human. I don't always know what I'm doing.. and I think sometimes it shows.



I ended up coming back in December from New York and realised that I hadn't got any order in my life. There were boxes everywhere, my 'work' area was myself and my old £200 laptop sat on my bed, I consumed too much tea, didn't sleep at night and became literally a hot mess. When I came home I realised I NEEDED a break. I needed to get healthy and actually look after myself and make my work life easier by working on my work environment. I didn't mean to take a break, it ended up just happening.. and became harder for me to click back onto my blog because I didn't know where to start, I didn't have time and quite frankly.. it had started stressing me out and getting me anxious (and for people who know me, nothing ever gets me anxious and stress is usually something I thrive on!)





So I took a 4 week break to work out what I wanted to do.



I bought a new macbook and a new camera and decided that I would be a proper grown up because running my own business at 22 isn't easy, it's going to take money, hard work and dedication and more importantly.. organisation.





































So welcome to my new work space. Theres only a few snippets of what is there but It's my room and also where I create and brainstorm all the ideas for content for she wears fashion. I am so much happier now I have actually had time to sort myself out.. sometimes all you need in life is a break from the Internet.



In regards to updates..



I have so many exciting things coming up! I have just finished a shoot with drop dead and I can't wait to show you the final images from the new collection, as well as dying my hair (!) which I will unveil next week. I have also got trips planned to Portugal (for pleasure) and Switzerland (for work) which makes me SO EXCITED YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE! I'm also bringing along my boyfriend who is an unbelievable photographer (take a look at his instagram if you like stunning photographs!) so I'm excited to be able to capture some beautiful snowy and artsy hipster snaps with his help and guidance. The picture on this blog will also be of better quality (can you already tell?!) as I have my new canon 6d which I LOVE more than life itself.. (post about my new kit coming soon!) and all of this just excites me. I'm finally just excited about my blog rather than scared.







I also have an amazing new layout coming thanks to the talented pipdig (moving to wordpress guys.. brace yourselves!) so keep your eyes peeled for that one!



I hope you guys will enjoy all the new bits that are coming up and will forgive me for my random absence. It was needed and I think now instead of putting out half arsed posts theres going to be some really kick ass posts in 2015.. Thanks so much again, I love you all so very much!



Shop the post!










Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Lookbook | Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram | Bloglovin |









» Join our Facebook Join Now

» Join our twitter Join Now

» Join our YouTube Join Now

» Join our Instagram Join Now

» Join our Tumblr Join Now

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire