mardi 10 mars 2015

Triangl Swimwear - underwire colorblock bikinis review

beach pool coverup dress

Coverup by Khatu , panama hat (similar ) + clutch (similar ), Essie "mint candy apple"

Necklace thanks to Accessories Concierge (free ship code epfreeship)



Last month I Instagram'd a few photos of my Triangl swimsuit and got a flood of questions, so I wanted to dedicate a post to the most common Q's as well as a quick review! In short, I received this swimsuit as a gift and love it so much, I'd definitely purchase from them in the future. I don't think I've ever owned a bikini that felt like such a solid fit on my frame/body type. The designs are distinct and colors are vibrant - especially with one of my personal favorites, highlighter yellow!

punta cana royalton resort

At the Royalton Punta Cana resort - was rare that the pool was empty (usually quite crowded)



triangl swimwear bikini review3 I'm wearing the Milly in "Las Vegas Lights ," and already have my eyes set on the "Indiana Ice" version for a more classic black + white combo. Please note I have not tried the strapless or triangle-shaped bikini tops, so my review is only for the underwire cup styles...



triangl swimwear bikini review4

Material: Neoprene, which I know can be love or hate. Overall I thought the material had good weight, stretch and resilience, opacity, and hold. It can get toasty under this material if you are just sunbathing all day and never entering into the water, but cools down quickly with a dip in the ocean or pool.



Sizing: These suits are sold only as a 2-pc set, however you get to choose different sizing for each piece if needed. Sizing ranges from...



Underwire tops: XXS, XS, S, S+, S++. M, L, XL

Bottoms: XXS - XL



*The S "+" and "++" are designed for women with a small underbust and larger bust. Please refer to their 24/7 livechat and size chart for help with sizing. A lot of readers have recommended the chat saying it was very helpful!



Fit: I got an xxs in these suits and thought the fit was amazing. I have a small chest (currently wear 30A bras) and figured that cup gapping / hollow cups would be facts of bikini life. However, these cups were a close and comfortable fit, with no gapping at all and maintained a nice, molded structure. The size chart suggests the xxs tops for size AA chests, which I rarely ever see as an option by any brand of swimwear.

triangl swimwear bikini review Top padding: There is no push-up padding inside the cups, but I found the good fit was sufficient to lend a little "boost" in that arena. The band was snug and secure, with a seatbelt-like back clasp that leaves you worry-free about strings coming undone. I think the photo above actually shows a deceptive amount of cleavage for me (my coconut-wielding arms must be doing some inadvertent "pushing"), so please refer to the 3rd image in this post for how the top typically looks when on.

triangle swimwear bikini review2

At the beautiful Chic Punta Cana - an adults-only resort that just opened this January



Bottom coverage: The bottoms of my suits had moderate rear end coverage, for those who don't want to show too much. For reference on sizing, my waist - hip measurement is 24" - 32" and these are designed to sit lower on the hips. The XXS was once again a great fit for me, never sagging.



Shipping & returns: This is an Australian company and product / returns go through Hong Kong, so shipping is not cheap. For shipping to the U.S. it's $20 flat rate per order, so maybe order with a friend or two and split that cost if needs be. They accept returns and exchanges but do not cover the return shipping to HK nor reimburse the initial shipping fee, however will cover the shipping for the replacement set when doing an exchange. As a result, if you have any doubts on sizing I'd highly recommend live chatting with their customer service before ordering!



Care: Handwash and lay flat to try, and also store lying flat so that the neoprene doesn't get misshapen. I was careful to follow these guidelines and didn't have any issues.


Measurements: I was hesitant to share the measurements of my suit because they do not factor in stretch, which is very important. So please do not take these measurements as the sole metric and order based purely on them. That being said, when lying flat and unstretched, the XXS Milly I have measures about 24" around the band size and 13.3" across the waist of the bottoms.

blogilates

I get a lot of questions on my workout routine - I have to say I'm no fitness expert and don't have a real routine or diet plan. Nick and I discovered Cassey Ho / Blogilates ' free YouTube video workouts a year ago, surprisingly thanks to one of his male friends (an unlikely YouTube viewer...) who used them to get in shape for his wedding! Since then I've been doing her workouts, grunting and panting in the comfort of my own living room a few times each week. I often work very late, so love that you can do these workouts completely at your own pace and on your own schedule!



I had become a huge fan of Cassey's over time, so imagine my utter shock and delight running into her in Punta Cana vacationing in the same corner of the world!! We of course had to do her signature plank stack - she was effortless and all smiley holding me up, while you can see I'm already tomato red in the face : )

beach pool coverup dress1

Last but not least, the photo below reminded me that this is the last week to use my free shipping code epfreeship on Accessories Concierge. You guys already know I love this pearl jam necklace (please note there is a 2.5 week wait) and my oversized scarves from there. If you don't like the plaid print scarf that everyone and their grandmother has, a few of my coworkers ordered the black watch tartan one that I have suggested a few times. I finally got to see and feel it in person, and thought it looked very nice with a slight texture, and was not static-y!

beach pool coverup dress2







» Join our Facebook Join Now

» Join our twitter Join Now

» Join our YouTube Join Now

» Join our Instagram Join Now

» Join our Tumblr Join Now

1 commentaire: