mardi 21 avril 2015

Spring office wear: petite chambray shirt + animal print skirt

chambray shirt leopard skirt outfit2
Halogen chambray shirt in light denim (10 colors), The Limited skirt (old, waist altered)
Mansur Gavriel tote c/o (old), Sole Society Anneke heels c/o (runs narrow, go up half size)

Lately my outfits have been the same staple pieces on rotation with just small tweaks in accessories. The heavy hitters have been my favorite distressed jeans, white jeans (next on my must-find list are white pants or trousers, to convert the same pairings into business casual outfits), striped and gingham shirts, chambray shirts, and neutral shoes in flat, sandal, and pump form. I noticed I get more compliments on the most basic pairings, probably because anyone can find a variation of those pieces to create their own spin on the look. Speaking of favorite jeans, there is a good sale on designer denim going on with up to 30% off popular current-season styles...see the bottom of my post for details!
chambray shirt leopard skirt outfit3
Ray-Ban original aviator sunglasses in "brown gradient" (30% off!) nose pads DIY adjusted

This shirt is from Nordstrom's petites department and will be making many more appearances on here. I'm packing for upcoming trips to a few different destinations, but for each one a comfortable, versatile travel shirt is a must. This one is softer than most denim button-ups, and is medium in weight with a sturdy feel. I have not yet laundered it (tag says machine washable) but several online reviewers mentioned how well it wears and washes. For that easy casual look, I love double cuffing the sleeves...it's pretty self-explanatory but here are the steps:

how to roll up cuff shirt sleeves
Measurements of xxs petite: 16.5" across armpits, 14" across shoulders, 23" long sleeves.

Out of the 10 colors, I got the "light blue" which is a lighter chambray with a weathered, gently broken-in wash that I look for in premium denim. In my opinion, better looking in-person and not as bright as the sky blue color in both the online stock photo and my photos here. I first took note of this shirt in store, and had to double check the item number before ordering online as I thought the color looked so different. The fit of a petite xxs on me is a casual, blousy fit. I am also very particular about sleeve width and might slim these down a little bit like I did with my Converse chambray shirt. Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring the wear-to-work section of today's post! 
chambray shirt leopard skirt outfit1
As an update from my Shopbop sunglasses order, my keepers were these Ray Ban original aviators (now sold out there). I've been living under a rock all this time and didn't realize how easily adjustable their aviators are! When I first put them on, they fell right down my nose and I almost packaged them right back up for a return. However, inspired by some helpful comments in my previous posts, I watched a few YouTube videos and realized the nose pads can easily be adjusted at home!To do so, use a firm grip with your fingers and slowly bend the metal part attaching the nose pads, careful not to bend too abruptly and risk snapping the metal. I moved both pads inward towards the center a bit, so that the nose opening was more narrow. Now they sit perfectly on my nose bridge without the lens pressing down on my upper cheeks. I got mine for 25% off and just realized that they are now temporarily on sale for 30% off! So many great colors to choose from, ranging from my neutral brown gradient one to the fun blue and green mirrored lenses.
chambray shirt leopard skirt outfitWhile writing this post, I also noticed that Nordstrom is doing their "automatic price match" again for a few items I own. Some of you pointed out that their customer service policy is to price match only if the exact color and size of the item is found in-stock at a better price elsewhere. This seems to be true except when they do the automatic match online, during which the discounted price applies to every size of that style.

As of today, it looks like several Rag & Bone jeans styles are temporarily 30% off (including my favorite pair that comes in a slightly shorter 29" inseam - see on me in size 24) to match Saks' friends & family sale. When sale prices are the same, I usually prefer to buy from Nordstrom for their free easy returns label in case the item doesn't work out, also if you need size 23 there's usually more available there. This is the best discount I've seen yet for current-season R&B styles! Here are a few other premium denim styles available starting in sizes 23 and 24 that are marked down 25 to 30% off:

Rag & Bone dark washes "Kensington" and "Woodford," both in the same 98% cotton, 2% polyurethane blend material as the pair I own. Both options start in size 24 and may need a hem job on petites. It's hard to gauge washes online so I always Google the wash name and peruse the different photos out there.



For shorter inseams, Paige has both an ankle length (28" inseam) and a crop length (26" inseam) jean currently on sale:
Paige Verdugo ankle skinny jeans in "Nottingham" starting in sz 24
- Paige Verdugo crop skinny jeans in "Midlake" starting in size 23



Lastly, a few premium white denim options for 30% off:
- Rag & Bone The Skinny jeans in "bright white" starting in size 24
- Paige Verdugo "ultra skinny" jeans in "ultra white" starting in size 23



Please note I have actually never tried the popular Paige Verdugo styles before, but wanted to mention them as they come in small waist sizes and sometimes shorter inseams. Anyone who is familiar with the regular or ultra skinny Verdugo...please share how the fit / sizing compares to that of other brands!



» Join our Facebook Join Now
» Join our twitter Join Now
» Join our YouTube Join Now
» Join our Instagram Join Now
» Join our Tumblr Join Now

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire